Marmon Engineered Wire & Cable continues historical leadership in the high performance wire and cable industry by opening a new 16,000 sq. ft. Innovation & Technology Center in East Granby, Connecticut.
- The Center serves 14 manufacturers that operate as part of Marmon Engineered Wire & Cable, a part of Marmon Group, a Berkshire Hathaway company, including Aetna Insulated Wire, Cable USA, Comtran Cable, Dekoron Wire & Cable, GendonPolymer Services, Harbour Industries, Hendrix, Kerite, Owl Wire, RSCC Wire & Cable, RSCC Aerospace & Defense, TEW&C, Unitherm, and in India, Radiant-RSCC Specialty Cable.
- Robert Konnik, Chief Technology Officer leads 14 full time and part time engineers and consultants involved in proprietary materials development and extrusion technology projects to support customers.
- Others include Dan Masakowski, Director of Materials Development; Bob Fleming, Director of Nuclear Development; Jim Conrad, Technical Manager; and Stan Stephan, Senior Engineer.
- Marmon EWC has committed in excess of $1.2MM to create the Innovation Group and the new Innovation Center. In 2014, new products will account for over $20MM in revenue.
- The Center is capable of prototype samples and pilot compounding and extrusion capabilities to support current customer efforts.
- Priorities include developing Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) /ceramic based materials to meet fire safety applications in the Oil & Gas and Transit Infrastructure cable industry segments.