Comtran Cable is the first to re-certify to the new UL 2196 guidelines for 2-hour fire resistive cables while maintaining a Riser rating (FPLR) to support critical systems such as emergency voice-alarm communication smoke/fire alarm systems (EVAC), Fireman’s telephone and area of refuge communication systems, and visible notification appliances.
VITALink® cable is designed to survive for 2 hours in burning infrastructure while being fully operational in order for safe evacuation of building occupants. This cable is designed to support critical systems such as emergency voice-alarm communication smoke/fire alarm systems (EVAC), Fireman’s telephone and area of refuge communication systems, and visible notification appliances.
Comtran’s Shielded 14AWG 2-Conductor cable is UL 1424 Listed FPLR for Power-Limited Fire Alarm Circuits and is UL CERTIFIED to UL 2196 2-Hour fire rating for use in FHIT system 40.
- Manufacturing, Commercial and Industrial locations
- Colleges, High-rise Buildings, Hotels, Airports and Stadiums
- Health Care Facilities
- Tunnels and Subways for Emergency Communications
- NEC type FPLR for use in Electrical Circuit Integrity System FHIT.40
- 14AWG 2-Conductor vertical straight-through w/couplings in 1-1/4-inch EMT. 60-inch maximum support spacing (CIC)
- 14AWG 2-Conductor horizontal straight-through w/couplings in 1-1/4-inch EMT. 60-inch maximum support spacing (CIC)
- Fire certified for power-limited system use at 50V phase-to-phase utilization voltage
- When installing cable(s) in vertical runs, the maximum distance of cable within EMT shall be 33 ft. between terminating points
- 3/4-inch, 1-inch, and 1-1/4-inch EMT Conduit “E-Z Pull”– Allied Tube & Conduit Co.
- 3/4-inch, 1-inch, and 1-1/4-inch Steel Compression Couplings – Thomas & Betts
(¾ PN 5220, 1 PN 5320 and 1 ¼ PN 5420)
- 3/4-inch, 1-inch, and 1-1/4-inch Strapping – Thomas & Betts
(¾ PN 700-3/4-STR, 1 PN 700-1-STR and 1 ¼ PN 700-1-1/4-STR)
- Certified to ANSI/UL 2196 (Tests for Fire Resistive Cables) per UL FHJR.R27557
- UL listed Type FPLR per UL 1424
- UL Listed Type CMR per UL 444
- UL Listed Type CL3R per UL 13
- Riser rated per UL 1666
- 300 volts rated per NEC
- Sunlight Resistant and Wet Location Rated
- Low Smoke, Zero Halogen
- California State Fire Marshal Approved
- For more information, please contact Comtran Customer Service, Telephone: 508-399-7004, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org